Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How to use the address bar as calculator in Firefox and Chrome

I know that maybe it sounds funny, but on my opinion I think that using your address bar as calculator may be very useful. Instead of opening the windows calculator or searching on Google for calculator applications, this feature will be right in front of you and will assist you in doing quick calculations with basic operators: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division.

Ok now, lets see how can we do that on Mozilla Firefox. For example if you want to multiply 12 by 12 than just write it on the address bar in the following way:

javascript: 12*12

and you will get this as result

But that is not all, you can also calculate more difficult mathematical expressions like it is shown on the picture below.

Ok we finished with Firefox. If you want to do the same in your Google Chrome web browser than you have to write the mathematical expression on address bar in the following way:

javascript: alert (12*12)

So I guess we can find this trick useful sometimes. Maybe funny but can be helpful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
"BLOGGING" is my passion. I am crazy about it. I love to share knowledge with others, So I found this platform is good to share knowledge with everyone. And also I like to surf net a lot to search for the latest technologies and gadgets.